Question about consuming a web service manually

Guest

Hi there.

In Web Developer 2005 is very easy to let an aspx page consume a web
service: I just Add a Web Reference and the IDE does everything for me: it
creates the App_WebReferences folder with the corresponding .wsdl .disco and
..discomap files plus the Web.Config file in the root folder of my local web
site.

I would like to know if there's a "manual" way to let an aspx page consume
the web service.
I'm creating the proxy class by typing:
wsdl http://localhost/mytest/webservices/wsexample1.asmx?wsdl
and it creates a file named wsexample1.cs. Then I compile it using csc
compiler; it creates a wsexample1.dll.

From here, I don't know what's the next step, I don't know where to put
those (.cs and .dll files) in order to let
http://localhost/mytest/consumexample.aspx consume the wsexample1 web service.

Would someone please guide me to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Rolandpish,

Now you need to link this dll to your project and use it as the general dll

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

R> Hi there.
R>
R> In Web Developer 2005 is very easy to let an aspx page consume a web
R> service: I just Add a Web Reference and the IDE does everything for
R> me: it creates the App_WebReferences folder with the corresponding
R> .wsdl .disco and .discomap files plus the Web.Config file in the root
R> folder of my local web site.
R>
R> I would like to know if there's a "manual" way to let an aspx page
R> consume
R> the web service.
R> I'm creating the proxy class by typing:
R> wsdl http://localhost/mytest/webservices/wsexample1.asmx?wsdl
R> and it creates a file named wsexample1.cs. Then I compile it using
R> csc
R> compiler; it creates a wsexample1.dll.
R> From here, I don't know what's the next step, I don't know where to
R> put those (.cs and .dll files) in order to let
R> http://localhost/mytest/consumexample.aspx consume the wsexample1 web
R> service.
R>
R> Would someone please guide me to achieve this?
R>
R> Thanks in advance.
R> Best Regards

Guest

Thanks for your reply Michael.
I'll try linking it to my project via IDE and in a manual way. I'll let you
know what happens.

Best Regards