Redirect from asp page to a PDF causes the PDF to be downloaded as the ASP name

Steve Mauldin

I am having an issue with Mac IE users that come to an asp page on my site.
The page does a response.redirect to a PDF page. the PDF is downloaded onto
the desktop and saved as the name of the ASP page. The PDF is then displayed
in a separate window. If I maunally type the URL to the PDF then everything
works like it should. The PDF is displayed inside the browser window and the
downloaded file is the correct name. I would appreciate any insight into
how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Adrienne

I am having an issue with Mac IE users that come to an asp page on my
site. The page does a response.redirect to a PDF page. the PDF is
downloaded onto the desktop and saved as the name of the ASP page. The
PDF is then displayed in a separate window. If I maunally type the URL
to the PDF then everything works like it should. The PDF is displayed
inside the browser window and the downloaded file is the correct name.
I would appreciate any insight into how to fix this would be greatly
appreciated.

If I were to visit your site, the PDF would not load in my browser window
either, because I have my system set up that way.

The best thing to do is to offer a link to the PDF document for the user
to download and open or save.