Reg authentication for classic asp internal web site

Srismiles

You cannot vote on your own post
0

hi

am new to classic asp, now my requirement is to migrate authentication from
site minder to windows authentication.

Here is the brief overview of the internal web site

when ever we request the internal web site a log in page is displayed that
is hosted by site minder, it validates the credentials and re directs to the
main page of the site.

now i want to eliminate the site minder authentication and go for windows
authenticaton.

can any one list out the steps to take care of and how to setup up windows
AD accounts and creations of domains and enabling windows authentication.

Thanks in advance

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?U3Jpc21pbGVz?= wrote on 15 jul 2010 in
am new to classic asp, now my requirement is to migrate authentication
from site minder to windows authentication.
Why?

Here is the brief overview of the internal web site

when ever we request the internal web site a log in page is displayed
that is hosted by site minder, it validates the credentials and re
directs to the main page of the site.

now i want to eliminate the site minder authentication and go for
windows authenticaton.

I don't think you can log in with windows authentication on a webpage,
when you are not yet logged in.
can any one list out the steps to take care of and how to setup up
windows AD accounts and creations of domains and enabling windows
authentication.

If so this has nothing to do with classic ASP,
being a platform dor serverside page scripting.

However it has to do with IIS, which has it's own NG.

In the mean time read this:

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754628(WS.10).aspx>

Bob Barrows

Srismiles said:
You cannot vote on your own post
0

hi

am new to classic asp, now my requirement is to migrate
authentication from site minder to windows authentication.

Here is the brief overview of the internal web site

when ever we request the internal web site a log in page is displayed
that is hosted by site minder, it validates the credentials and re
directs to the main page of the site.

now i want to eliminate the site minder authentication and go for
windows authenticaton.

can any one list out the steps to take care of and how to setup up
windows AD accounts and creations of domains and enabling windows
authentication.

Get to the website properties in IIS Manager, in directory security tab,
click the Edit button in the Authentication and access control section,
and change Basic Authentication to Integrated Windows Authentication,
and unclick the Anonymous button, if you need to know who the user is.

As far as AD accounts, etc. are concerned, that is out of scope of this
group. You can set permissions to the site by right-clicking the site
and choosing Permissions. But your network administrator will already
have needed to create any AD groups you need to grant permissions to, as
well as adding users to those groups.

Bwig Zomberi

Evertjan. said:
I don't think you can log in with windows authentication on a webpage,
when you are not yet logged in.

On Intranet ASP applications, non-IE browsers prompt for Windows
authentication. I do not know why this is so. I see it everyday on LAN.

Evertjan.

Bwig Zomberi wrote on 19 jul 2010 in
On Intranet ASP applications, non-IE browsers prompt for Windows
authentication. I do not know why this is so. I see it everyday on LAN.

I seem to be lacking in knowledge here.

Is this part of the browser,
or is this just the OS setting up the connection browser independently?
And do non-asp pages on the same domain get anonymous access?

Even so, the login cannot be don ON an asp page, meseems.

Dan

Bwig Zomberi said:
On Intranet ASP applications, non-IE browsers prompt for Windows
authentication. I do not know why this is so. I see it everyday on LAN.

It's because IE will automatically send Windows authentication details to
the Intranet zone, all other browsers will prompt for the details.