regarding socket programming

Anand

Dear All,
I have to create one application software using VC++ for Windows
socket. I have to use UDP protocol here. What can I do? If any body
could guide us I would be pleased to them.

Regards,
E.Muruganandham

Michal Nazarewicz

Anand said:
Dear All,
I have to create one application software using VC++ for Windows
socket. I have to use UDP protocol here. What can I do? If any body
could guide us I would be pleased to them.

You should post that question on Windows specific newsgroup. A Unix
specific newsgroup could be of some help as well (as winsocks are told
to work in a very similar way to sockets in Unix and Unix-like OS-es).

You might also find that useful: http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/

cr88192

Anand said:
Dear All,
I have to create one application software using VC++ for Windows
socket. I have to use UDP protocol here. What can I do? If any body
could guide us I would be pleased to them.

well, this is a group of members who get really aggitated whenever something
comes up that falls outside the C standards (this clearly does).

issues:
however, in this case, it may make a sense to pay MSDN or the MSVC help
files a visit.
the relevant topic here is "Winsock" ('Windows Sockets 2' should give you
some useful info, and, more so, MS's help files tend to include more than a
few examples to help one get started).

if this is not enough, maybe seek out a group related specifically to
Windows-based development (this is a common enough topic that helpful
answers shouldn't be too hard to find).

Randy Howard

You should post that question on Windows specific newsgroup. A Unix
specific newsgroup could be of some help as well (as winsocks are told
to work in a very similar way to sockets in Unix and Unix-like OS-es).

This is generally true, although there are some important differences,
which may or may not be understood well by those in the UNIX groups.
There are groups dedicated to windows network programming, he should
probably start there.