Removing python django projects

Gary Roach

Hi

In the process of trying to learn python, django, mysql and
virtualenvwrapper, I have created two projects and a mess. How can I
strip everything from a Debian, Wheezy, linux system. The files are all
over the place. Much of the information in this area is for Mac or
Windoz systems that do not have the apt-get, aptitude tools that Debian
makes available.

My goal is to end up with a clean system ready for re installation of a
development environment.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.

rusi

Hi

In the process of trying to learn python, django, mysql and
virtualenvwrapper, I have created two projects and a mess. How can I
strip everything from a Debian, Wheezy, linux system. The files are all
over the place. Much of the information in this area is for Mac or
Windoz systems that do not have the apt-get, aptitude tools that Debian
makes available.

My goal is to end up with a clean system ready for re installation of a
development environment.

Disclaimer: This subject interests me and I know nothing about it ;-)

1. Aren't you asking for something self-contradictory -- the benefits of apt in apt-disabled systems?
Anyways… leaving that aside…

2. Not clear what you mean by 'clean system'.
One meaning could be remove all the 'crufty' files
Another could be disengage the system so that it runs easily on mac and windows.
For the first apt is a boon for second its a mess

3. I see questions like yours here
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s...nv/python-virtualenv/4lgTsf9EwZM/MhNvwkIVq6sJ
Maybe you could also ask there about use of 'wheel'

Gary Roach

Disclaimer: This subject interests me and I know nothing about it ;-)

1. Aren't you asking for something self-contradictory -- the benefits of apt in apt-disabled systems?
Anyways… leaving that aside…

2. Not clear what you mean by 'clean system'.
One meaning could be remove all the 'crufty' files
Another could be disengage the system so that it runs easily on mac and windows.
For the first apt is a boon for second its a mess

3. I see questions like yours here
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s...nv/python-virtualenv/4lgTsf9EwZM/MhNvwkIVq6sJ
Maybe you could also ask there about use of 'wheel'
In Debian Linux "apt-get" is a command that can be used to completely
manage all of the programs on the system - mostly automatically. Windows
and Mac? have nothing equivalent. This is one of the main reasons that I
use Debian. If you have never worked with any Unix / Linux systems then
you must understand that the philosophy is totally different than
Windows. Mac is closer to a Unix style system but not close enough in my
book.

By a clean system, I mean one that no longer has files lying around from
django, virtualenv or my projects. Python is used all over the system
and has to stay.

Please reply to the list via the original message or the thread will be
fragmented and be impossible to follow.

Thanks for the reply

Gary R