    development environment.

    Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

    Gary R.

    Gary Roach, Oct 27, 2013

  2. Gary Roach

    rusi Guest

    Disclaimer: This subject interests me and I know nothing about it ;-)

    1. Aren't you asking for something self-contradictory -- the benefits of apt in apt-disabled systems?
    Anyways… leaving that aside…

    2. Not clear what you mean by 'clean system'.
    One meaning could be remove all the 'crufty' files
    Another could be disengage the system so that it runs easily on mac and windows.
    For the first apt is a boon for second its a mess

    3. I see questions like yours here
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s...nv/python-virtualenv/4lgTsf9EwZM/MhNvwkIVq6sJ
    Maybe you could also ask there about use of 'wheel'

    rusi, Oct 27, 2013

  3. Gary Roach

    Gary Roach Guest

    In Debian Linux "apt-get" is a command that can be used to completely
    manage all of the programs on the system - mostly automatically. Windows
    and Mac? have nothing equivalent. This is one of the main reasons that I
    use Debian. If you have never worked with any Unix / Linux systems then
    you must understand that the philosophy is totally different than
    Windows. Mac is closer to a Unix style system but not close enough in my
    book.

    By a clean system, I mean one that no longer has files lying around from
    django, virtualenv or my projects. Python is used all over the system
    and has to stay.

    Please reply to the list via the original message or the thread will be
    fragmented and be impossible to follow.

    Thanks for the reply

    Gary R

    Gary Roach, Oct 27, 2013