Repeater OnItemCommand

Peter

Hi,

I have an <asp:Repeater> on my page. In the repeater I have
LinkButtons, which when clicked cause an "OnItemCommand" method to be
called.

In my "OnItemCommand" method, I notice that the e.Item.DataItem
property is null. Is this normal? Is it possible to have this property
return the original DataItem which has used when popultaing the
Repeater control? (I can see that the DataItem is set as I expected on
OnItemDataBound, but not in the OnItemCommand).

Thanks,
Peter

Peter

Nathan said:
In what event do you do the call the DataBind() method?

I call it from within Page_Load.

From Page_Load I fetch some data from a "data access" class which I set
as the DataSource for the repeater, and then I call DataBind.

If I have a "ItemDataBound" method, I can see the individual DataItem
objects, but I can not see them when the "ItemCommand" method is called.

Thanks,
Peter

Nathan Sokalski

The DataItem property is not available in the ItemCommand event, it is
simply there because it is a property of Item. I normally recommend using
e.CommandArgument in ItemCommand.