RubyForge status...

Richard Kilmer

All,

Because RubyForge is pushing A LOT of bandwidth, we transitioned to a faster
ADSL line (was 1.5/384 now 6.0/768) but are experiencing some crappy
performance (for CVS commits, etc). I called my ISP and they are doing some
stuff on their end which will take a few days to feel the effects of
(hopefully to the positive). If performance does not get better, I am going
to jump to SDSL (768/768) which is effectively a half-T1 (and about 2x $$ of
ADSL). SDSL also comes with a service-level agreement which you just don't
get with ADSL. Anyway, please be patient with the service over the next few
weeks as we sort this stuff out. We will monitor the situation and figure
out whether this new link will work, or move over to symmetric. We will
keep folks informed of the status.

Also, at the end of this month RubyForge will be migrating to a more beefy
server...more on that as we work out purchasing/logistics...

Best,

Rich Kilmer
Team RubyForge

Ara.T.Howard

[...]

rich-

who pays for all this? whoever it is, we certainly appreciate all the hard
work.

-a
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen

Richard Kilmer

Ara,

We (my company) pays for all this (InfoEther LLC). Tom Copeland and I are
both IE employees (there are a total of 5 of us). Since Ruby is a big
factor in the projects we are working on (at DARPA, etc), RubyForge was one
way we could repay the community. Tom and I will both be at the 2004
RubyConf if anyone wants to thank us personally ;-)

Thanks for the 'thanks'!

-rich

--
==============================================================================>
=
| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| --Dogen
==============================================================================>
=

Simon Strandgaard

We (my company) pays for all this (InfoEther LLC). Tom Copeland and I are
both IE employees (there are a total of 5 of us). Since Ruby is a big
factor in the projects we are working on (at DARPA, etc), RubyForge was one
way we could repay the community. Tom and I will both be at the 2004
RubyConf if anyone wants to thank us personally ;-)

Thanks for the 'thanks'!

I also want to express my satisfaction with rubyforge..
I admire your guys generosity.. Thanks.

Michael Neumann

Simon said:
I also want to express my satisfaction with rubyforge..
I admire your guys generosity.. Thanks.

Me too :)

Support is fantastic (thanks Tom).

Regards,