    files viz., modified, added, deleted.

    Thanks
    - Ravi

    Ravi Uday, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Ravi Uday

    Dan Pop Guest

    Use Google (smartly). You'll find
    http://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/diffutils.html
    in no time at all.

    Dan

    Dan Pop, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Ravi Uday

    CBFalconer Guest

    One radical solution might be to get and read the source. I
    believe it is a component of "textutils" or of "diffutils".

    CBFalconer, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Ravi Uday

    Ashish Guest

    sdiff (whatever that means) is off-topic here.

    Try a unix newsgroup.

    Ashish, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Ravi Uday

    Ravi Uday Guest

    [ snip ]
    How can i do it on Windows machine. Basically i need to just get the
    number of lines - added, deleted and modified upon comparison of two
    files.
    sdiff actually has so many other features (ex. options ) which is not
    needed to me. Also i checked the source code of sdiff - its not
    portable to windows at all, and uses some kinds of IPC (signals )and
    things like that which is not at all necessary to me. Is there some
    kind of procedure/steps/algorithm that needs to be followed ??
    All help is appreciated.
    - Ravi

    Ravi Uday, Jul 1, 2003