secure flag on cookies in ASP or VB6.0

Evertjan.

Pandiarajan wrote on 11 dec 2009 in
How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to
ensure that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL
Connection for ASP or VB6.0 application.

asp.net and vb being off-topic here,
I will try to answer about classic asp:

I do not think that is possible under asp.

However is there any need for that,
as you could limit the pages for SSL use,
or reserve an url or subdomain especially for SSL?

Dan

in message
Hi

How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to ensure
that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL Connection for ASP
or VB6.0 application.

Classic ASP has the Secure property for cookies

Response.Cookies("mycookie") = "test"
Response.Cookies("mycookie").Secure = True

This should set a cookie and tell the browser to only return it to the web
server when the connection is over HTTPS.