secure flag on cookies in ASP or VB6.0

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Pandiarajan M, Dec 11, 2009.

  1. Pandiarajan M, Dec 11, 2009

  2. Pandiarajan M

    Evertjan. Guest

    Pandiarajan wrote on 11 dec 2009 in
    asp.net and vb being off-topic here,
    I will try to answer about classic asp:

    I do not think that is possible under asp.

    However is there any need for that,
    as you could limit the pages for SSL use,
    or reserve an url or subdomain especially for SSL?

    Evertjan., Dec 11, 2009

  3. Pandiarajan M

    Dan Guest

    in message

    Classic ASP has the Secure property for cookies

    Response.Cookies("mycookie") = "test"
    Response.Cookies("mycookie").Secure = True

    This should set a cookie and tell the browser to only return it to the web
    server when the connection is over HTTPS.

    Dan, Dec 11, 2009