Sending SMS message from a wapsite

Saaji

Hi ppl.
Is there a way I can send an sms to a mobile number from withina a
wap site? If there is please let me know how ASAP.

Thanks in Avance'
Sasjida

Darryl L. Pierce

Saaji said:
Hi ppl.
Is there a way I can send an sms to a mobile number from withina a
wap site? If there is please let me know how ASAP.

Only if the WAP site 1) has access to an SMSC, 2) knows who the carrier is
for the mobile and can route the SMS message via an email-to-SMS gateway or
3) is attached to the appropriate radio equipment in order to transmit the
message itself.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

vj

Hi,

We did a project on sending sms messages from a server application. In
order to send/receive messages from an application you have two

1. Susbcribe to an sms gate way server on the internet. This enbles you
to send SMS via HTTP requestes to the gateway server. However this
option has high startup costs.

2.You can connect you GPRS compatible mobile handset to your server
(through a data cable) and can then use appropriate toolkit to send
messages via the device. This option is cheap to setup but is
significantly costlier in the log run.

Saaji

Thanks a lot vj and darryl. I guess I have no other option but to
subscribe to an sms gateway server..

Thanks again,
Saaji