Server Application Unavailable / Server Error

Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I've been spinning my wheels for four days trying to figure out granting permission to website. I'm running IIS 5.1 on Windows XP and using SQL 2005 Express. I'm currently getting an error "Server Error in "test' Application.

Before commenting out a command that ran a DTS script I would get the error "Server Application Unavailable.

I've pretty much granted access all over the place for the ASPNET account. Tried impersonating with my personal user credentials. Still getting errors. I've read many articles over past few days but no success. Any ideas?

Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
After applying security in certain areas, it appears the error has been been isolated to a particular code involving sending email from the server. While on the server the webapp execute as plan, except that at the end I get "page cannot be displayed". Where I should be seeing the web form.

When running code remotely I get the errors server unavailable or server error in application. Everything works accordingly up until sending email. I'm sure it's an access problem. Here's what i have on the code for sending email.

Dim username As String
username = User.Identity.Name
Dim msg As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage()
Dim attachFile As New Attachment("D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SysChanges\Center\center.txt")
Dim userid As String
Dim smtp As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("smtp.domain.com")

userid = Right(username, 6)

Dim Fromname As String = (userid + "@domain.com")

Dim Toname As String = "(e-mail address removed)"

msg.From = New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress(Fromname)
msg.To.Add(New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress(Toname))
msg.Subject = "Center Add/Change Request"

'Message.UrlContentBase = url
msg.Body = Fromname + " " + "has submitted the following request for processing:"
msg.Attachments.Add(attachFile)
smtp.Send(msg)