Server Application Unavailable

Sosh123

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try and execute any asp.net
application on one machine:

Server Application Unavailable

Looking in the event logs, I have this application error:

Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does
not have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error:
0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.

I don't know what has caused this, but does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Sosh123

Hi,

There seems to be very little info on this web regarding this. In an
effort to fix the problem, I have tried giving the ASPNET worker process
access to the GAC. This has proved very difficult as the assemblies
directory does not give you access to the security tab. Have tried
de-registering fusion.dll, but still no luck.

How on earth are you supposed to be able to change GAC permissions?

Thanks.