Specify page for WebParts to load for

nothingsoriginalontheinternet

Hi. I'd like to set up a folder full of "imaginary" pages that users
can modify with WebParts. My plan was to do this in Global.asax:

Sub Application_BeginRequest(...)
If Request.Path.StartsWith("/whatever/") Then
Server.Transfer("/whatever/ImaginaryPage.aspx", True)
End If
End Sub

And then set up /whatever/ImaginaryPage.aspx with the usual
WebPartZones and such. I hoped that the WebPartManager or the Web
Parts related objects would allow me to choose the page for which the
data is loaded so that I can specify the imaginary page's name and it
would load for that rather than the same data for all of them as
ImaginaryPage.aspx. I researched that on MSDN and I can't find any way
to do it without extending a class or two relating to Web Parts
Personalization.

Anyone know of an easier way to do it?

-Mike Placentra II