Stylesheets in Dreamweaver

Jim Scott

The layout of my web pages is controlled by two stylesheets.
The pages and the stylesheets have been validated with W3C.

If I open any page for editing with Nvu or FPage the formatting from the
stylesheets shows up as in the final page.
However if I try this with Dreamweaver, which I would prefer to use, the
stylesheets have not been 'called into use'. They are there but marked
(unavailable).

I posted this problem to the DW ng, a few days ago with no reply so I
though you folks might know. I don't want to get into a debate on the
virtues of using a table as a placeholder at this point :eek:)

http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

Sid Ismail

: However if I try this with Dreamweaver, which I would prefer to use, the
: stylesheets have not been 'called into use'. They are there but marked
: (unavailable).

Dreamweaver has a problem displaying internal CSS as well.

Sid

easygoin

Jim said:
However if I try this with Dreamweaver, which I would prefer to use, the
stylesheets have not been 'called into use'. They are there but marked
(unavailable).
Jim
Tyneside UK

Hi Jim,

Have you tried to copy your css and create a new text file and paste
the css into that - essentialy create new text documents, delete the
original css and name the new text file to whatever.css - see if this
can be called as you put it by DW

looked at the site you put a link to and the meta link to the
stylesheet looks correct - sometimes I have found quirks with the
begining of a link in DW - i.e
"/linkfolder/linkfile.css" compared to "linkfolder/linkfile.css"

hope this helps ;)