    Do you have an idea how to do that with a state machine, I suppose ?

    Regards,
    Laurent.

    LilacSkin, Mar 21, 2008

  2. LilacSkin

    KJ Guest

    Is there some reason the obvious approach (below) won't meet some
    requirement that you left out of your post?

    Sync_To_Other_Boards <= Trigger_Enable;

    KJ

    KJ, Mar 21, 2008

  3. I suppose.
    I would also consider buying a core
    for one lane of pci express bus.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Mar 21, 2008
  4. Assuming it meets your data rate requirements I would use a simple biphase
    mark code for the inter-board data. This is trivial to generate and decode
    if you are willing to operate the link at, say, 1/16 the master clock speed,
    and it doesn't require synchronization or preambles like Manchester or
    differential Manchester encoding.

    David Spencer, Mar 21, 2008