the login control always reload the page if there is no destination set

Jerry Qu

Hi All,

I just found that the login control will always reload the page after the
postback, if it is logged in. Is it the way it should be?

or is it a way to prevent the reload?

TIA

Jerry

Stan

Hi All,

I just found that the login control will always reload the page after the
postback, if it is logged in. Is it the way it should be?

or is it a way to prevent the reload?

TIA

Jerry

It depends on how the page with the login control was reached. If they
get their via an ordinary link from a page that can be accessed
anonymously (or request it directly via the address bar) then the
behaviour you observe will occur. If the user requests a page that
requires authentication they will be directed to the login page
automatically, then, once they have logged in successfully, will be
redirected back to the original page.

If you wish to cater for the first scenario then use the OnLoggedIn
event of the Login control to redirect the user to another page.

HTH

Jerry Qu

Thanks,

But I don't want the either reload after the postback or to go to another
page. I just want to postback and stay at the same page. Is there any way?

Jerry