This newsgroup is not a help desk

David Mark

In comp.lang.javascript message <93a879bd-f6b5-42fe-a6a7-1ee2f87d4556@g1
g2000pre.googlegroups.com>, Thu, 22 Jul 2010 04:44:47, David Mark

Then you should ignore those articles.  Others like being helpful, and
see no need to charge for that.

Good for them. But businesses don't like betting on if-comes.
Remember that you are fundamentally
unimportant in the overall scheme of things.

Not in this group. That should be evident by now. If not, you
haven't been paying attention.
This is an international medium - even if you do not mention actual
costs, you should say what currencies can give prices in and

US dollars. Of course, I believe my payment service does conversions
for many currencies.
will accept

Glad to have you aboard, doc. A representative will be with you
shortly... :)

Kenneth Tilton

David said:
On Jul 23, 6:49 am, SteveYoungGoogle<[email protected]>
wrote:
On Jul 23, 3:33 am, SteveYoungGoogle<[email protected]>
wrote:
On Jul 22, 1:44 pm, David Mark<[email protected]> wrote:
[...]> Quite the contrary. I'm clearly the biggest draw here. ;)

You're your own advocate.

And you are Costello to my Abbott. :)

And Costello was the funny one, and perhaps smarter. Abbot said Costello
had "Who's On First?" down on the first take while he himself labored to
get it right... ok, good analogy.

kt

David Mark

wrote:
[...]> Quite the contrary.  I'm clearly the biggest draw here.  ;)
You're your own advocate.
And you are Costello to my Abbott.  :)

And Costello was the funny one,

Uh, you laughed *at* him, not with him.
and perhaps smarter.

Can I presume you've never watched their bits?
Abbot said Costello
had "Who's On First?" down on the first take while he himself labored to
get it right... ok, good analogy.

Ah, I see; you cannot make the distinction between the actors and
their characters. Turn off the TV, Kenny.

Kenneth Tilton

David said:
Uh, you laughed *at* him, not with him.

Poppycock. Those bits work precisely because the "stupid" side is
smarter than the "smart" side. Gracie and Allen? Hello? Stick to HTML,
it's a trivially small pond in which to tread water, you have half a prayer.

kt

David Mark

Poppycock. Those bits work precisely because the "stupid" side is
smarter than the "smart" side. Gracie and Allen? Hello?

That's another act. Say goodnight Kenny!

And if you think Costello's character was the "smart one", you should
try watching some of their bits. The baseball one is a classic, but
I'm reminded of an even better one where he is trying to do basic
arithmetic on a blackboard (with less than successful results that
make sense only to him).
Stick to HTML,
it's a trivially small pond in which to tread water, you have half a prayer.

Why do you continually seek to give me advice? That's pretty
laughable considering...

Kenneth Tilton

David said:
That's another act. Say goodnight Kenny!

And if you think Costello's character was the "smart one", you should
try watching some of their bits. The baseball one is a classic, but
I'm reminded of an even better one where he is trying to do basic
arithmetic on a blackboard (with less than successful results that
make sense only to him).

Finally you contribute something to this NG! Didn't know that one.
Costello is brilliant, proves 7x13=28 three ways!
Why do you continually seek to give me advice? That's pretty
laughable considering...

Goodnight, Kenny.

kt

David Mark

Finally you contribute something to this NG! Didn't know that one.
Costello is brilliant, proves 7x13=28 three ways!

Yes, I thought that was a perfect example. Still think he is the
"smart" one? :)

In this case, he is wasting time trying to "prove" a concept that
exists only in his own head.