trouble with css positioning, javascript and internet explorer

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Coyote, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. Coyote

    Coyote Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having a lot of trouble getting my blog to show up nicely in
    internet explorer. It works very nicely in Firefox, but for some reason
    the right column disappears in Internet Explorer.

    The url is: http://soundingthetrumpetblog.com

    If you go to the second page
    (http://soundingthetrumpetblog.com/page/2/) or a cagegory page
    (http://soundingthetrumpetblog.com/category/euthanasia/) it shows up
    fine in Internet Explorer. However, when I try viewing the main page,
    the right column is gone.

    I have advertisements and a ticker (both javasript) in the right
    column, so I'm wondering if that's causing the trouble. It seems
    Internet explorer specially doesn't like my advertisement for Firefox.

    Could you give me some advice?

    Thanks a lot.

    Coyote, Oct 13, 2006

  2. Coyote

    Ed Mullen Guest

    It's working fine in IE here. Check IE's security settings. Perhaps
    it's blocking something.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Coyote

    Coyote Guest

    Thanks a lot, Ed.

    I think embedding a video from google video caused the trouble, for
    some reason. As soon as I took that out, the columns worked fine.

    Thanks again for your help.

    --Coyote

    Coyote, Oct 16, 2006