unable to start debugging on the web server, access is denied!

Paul

Hi I have both vs 2003 and vs 2005 runing on a machine that has windows xp on
it with iis 5.1. Everything works except I can not debug a 2003 web
application. I looked in IIS and it is using framework 1.4 it also runs fine
outside of debug mode.
The 2005 web applications run fine both in debug and non debug modes. The
web.config of the 2003 web app does have debug = true.
Any suggestions? thanks!

Jayakrishnan

Paul said:
Hi I have both vs 2003 and vs 2005 runing on a machine that has windows xp on
it with iis 5.1. Everything works except I can not debug a 2003 web
application. I looked in IIS and it is using framework 1.4 it also runs fine
outside of debug mode.
The 2005 web applications run fine both in debug and non debug modes. The
web.config of the 2003 web app does have debug = true.
Any suggestions? thanks!

Hi, I declared some cases of the debugging issue in VS 2003.

If you have problem with running F5 from VS 2003 IDE. You can run the
application separately in IE and attach(Ctrl + Atl +P) the aspnet_wp.exe
processs.

If you have problem with the website.
You may reinstall the iis using
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt -> aspnet_regiis - i.

After Installation Please check the following options in IIS.
Properties -> Configuration -> Mappings ->

check the aspx executable path.

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll

There is nothing issue with web.config at all.

Jayakrishnan V
Technology Group

coolCoder

Hi I have both vs 2003 and vs 2005 runing on a machine that has windows xp on
it with iis 5.1. Everything works except I can not debug a 2003 web
application. I looked in IIS and it is using framework 1.4 it also runs fine
outside of debug mode.
The 2005 web applications run fine both in debug and non debug modes. The
web.config of the 2003 web app does have debug = true.
Any suggestions? thanks!

Hi Paul,
Please check for correct version of ASP.NET in IIS
configuration for web sites.
Also please check whether anonymous access is enabled
for web sites in IIS.

Hope that this is of your help.

Paul

Thanks for the information
I tried the following but still no luck.

You may reinstall the iis using
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt -> aspnet_regiis - i.

After Installation Please check the following options in IIS.
Properties -> Configuration -> Mappings ->

check the aspx executable path.

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll

when I try to create a new web app in 2003 I get the error,vs could not
identify the version of ASP.NET on the server. I do have both 1.4 and 2.0
framework as I am using both vs2003 and vs 2005. I also tried the access
setting with no effect.
Thanks.