use browser setting for internet

Wish

Hi
I have a problem with my script in python which uses xmlrpc. The script
loses internet connection when it is used behind a firewall. I realize
that the firewall is specified by using the http_proxy environment
variable. However, the proxy server is automatically configured. I dont
have access to its port or the IP.
I have seen applications which have a select box to use the internet
connection setting of the browser to connect to the web. I dont know
how to access this connection setting in Python. Any help will be much
appreciated..
-Wish

John J. Lee

Wish said:
Hi
I have a problem with my script in python which uses xmlrpc. The script
loses internet connection when it is used behind a firewall. I realize
that the firewall is specified by using the http_proxy environment
variable. However, the proxy server is automatically configured. I dont
have access to its port or the IP.
I have seen applications which have a select box to use the internet
connection setting of the browser to connect to the web. I dont know
how to access this connection setting in Python. Any help will be much
appreciated..

What OS?

On Windows, urllib.getproxies() should get you the info you need if IE
is correctly configured (and both urllib and urllib2 use this --
though the @ syntax is somewhat broken in urllib2, IIRC).

Disclaimer: I never seem to have to jump through any proxy or auth
hoops recently, so I'm not very reliable on this...

John