    Any other suggestions to help my predicament would be
    appreciated.
    max

    max w., Feb 23, 2007

  2. max w.

    weber Guest

    Xilinx App Notes (example: http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp215.pdf)
    that have code generally have both Verilog and Vhdl versions.
    Cheers,
    weber

    weber, Feb 23, 2007

  3. max w.

    Dave Pollum Guest

    "HDL Chip Design" by Douglas J. Smith (ISBN 0-9651934-3-8) covers both
    Verilog and VHDL side-by-side. There is lots of example code, with
    VHDL code on the left side of the page and Verilog code on the right
    side of the page. The book explains the basics of Verilog and of
    VHDL, and describes the similarities and differences of both HDLs.
    It's a cool book.
    HTH
    -Dave Pollum

    Dave Pollum, Feb 23, 2007
  4. max w.

    HT-Lab Guest

    I would recommend the style guide of your synthesis tool, they normally have
    examples in both languages so you can clearly see the differences in code
    constructs.

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Feb 23, 2007
  5. max w.

    David Bishop Guest

    I agree, problem is that it's out of print.

    David Bishop, Mar 10, 2007
  6. max w.

    Shannon Guest

    My library:

    RTL Hardware Design Using VHDL: Coding for Efficiency, Portability,
    and Scalability by Pong P. Chu.

    The Designer's Guide to VHDL, Second Edition By: Peter J. Ashenden

    VHDL for Logic Synthesis By: Andrew Rushton

    Circuit Design with VHDL By: Volnei A. Pedroni

    A VHDL Synthesis Primer, Second Edition By: Jayaram Bhasker

    Shannon, Mar 12, 2007