VHDL, Spartan-3e Output Help

Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am using Xilinx ISE Webpack 9.2 and a Spartan-3e Starter Board. With a Seiko G1213 LCD Module attached to the expansion pins. I have an issue with making the output work correctly. Here is the link to the vhdl code in a link, so it wont fill up the post.

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gth630r/LCDScreenFont.vhd

The idea is that there are 8 parallel output pins that are triggered at one cycle. Each parallel pin is a character on the LCD. The next cycle will be 8 parallel outputs to another column. The problem is this code does not initialize the LCD. I have also checked the pins on an oscilloscope and they have mV's of signal.