Visual Web Developer 2008 express edition

Anthony

Hi,

I don't know if I am posting in the right place but here we go.

I am following a tutorial about asp.net and they have told me to download
Visual Web Developer and then talked me through setting up a basic hello
world web page.

My problem is when I try to display the page by pressing F5 it never works I
just get a page cannot be found message, when I look at the url it is trying
to display it contains a port number as well. If I manaully enter the URL I
can display the page but I do not see this as a solution and in the long run
as I move through the tutorial I can imagine this becoming a major problem.

What am I doing wrong?

The tutorial address is:

http://asp.net-tutorials.com/basics/introduction/

Thanks,

Anthony

Anthony

Right I now know what the problem is but I cannot seem to sort it out when I
open the site as 127.0.0.1 it works but if I try localhost it fails as does
the computer name.

My pc is a Vista pc if this gives any clues.

Thanks,

Anthony