web.config and Login control problem

hrawada

Hello everyone,

I have built a simple website with a simple login page and another page
that is the destination page after logging in. The website works fine
on my machince however when I uploaded it to my website it didn't
work. This is my web.config file:

/**********************************************************************/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true" />
<authentication mode="Forms" />
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

/**********************************************************************/

I always get an error when I try to load the login page. Sometime I get
the following error:
Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login from assembly
System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

And sometimes I just get a question mark.

And one more thing when my <configuration> is changed to the following
<configuration
xmlns=http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0 >
Nothing works.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me solve this problem.
I am really struggling with this.

hrawada

Thanks for your reply Riki. i think it does support ASP.NET because
otherwise i wouldnt get the errors. i dont really know much about
ASP.NET, but i have built a simple page that contains ASP.NET labels
and text boxes and it seemed to work fine. This is the code in the
login page:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

<script runat="server">

</script>

<head runat="server">
<title>Logint</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server" />
</form>

i think the problem is that i am mising something in my web.config
file.

thanks for any help in advance

Riki

Thanks for your reply Riki. i think it does support ASP.NET because
otherwise i wouldnt get the errors.

Yes but does it support ASP.NET ****2.0*****.

You can read the version at the bottom of the error message.
Or else, make a page with this code in the body:

<%= System.Environment.Version.Major %>

When you execute it on your server, it will show the version.

Nuki

Hi Riki,

Thanks for your reply again. my apologies, i have checked it and at the
bottom of the error page it says Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032 . and i have put
<%= System.Environment.Version.Major %>
and i got the number 1, and also i have checked my webserver package
and it supports .NET V 1.1. so its pretty clear that it does not
support ASP.NET 2.0.

so do you think that if i upgrade my hostting package to a one that
supports ASP.NET 2.0 that problem will be solved?

thanks a lot for your help.

Nuki