web.config and Login control problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by hrawada, Jul 9, 2006.

  1. hrawada

    hrawada Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have built a simple website with a simple login page and another page
    that is the destination page after logging in. The website works fine
    on my machince however when I uploaded it to my website it didn't
    work. This is my web.config file:

    /**********************************************************************/
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" />
    <authentication mode="Forms" />
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    /**********************************************************************/

    I always get an error when I try to load the login page. Sometime I get
    the following error:
    Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login from assembly
    System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

    And sometimes I just get a question mark.

    And one more thing when my <configuration> is changed to the following
    <configuration
    xmlns=http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0 >
    Nothing works.

    I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me solve this problem.
    I am really struggling with this.

    hrawada, Jul 9, 2006

  2. hrawada

    Riki Guest

    Does your web server run ASP.NET 2.0?

    Riki, Jul 9, 2006

  3. hrawada

    hrawada Guest

    Thanks for your reply Riki. i think it does support ASP.NET because
    otherwise i wouldnt get the errors. i dont really know much about
    ASP.NET, but i have built a simple page that contains ASP.NET labels
    and text boxes and it seemed to work fine. This is the code in the
    login page:

    <%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

    <script runat="server">

    </script>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Logint</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server" />
    </form>

    i think the problem is that i am mising something in my web.config
    file.

    thanks for any help in advance

    hrawada, Jul 10, 2006
  4. hrawada

    Riki Guest

    Yes but does it support ASP.NET ****2.0*****.

    You can read the version at the bottom of the error message.
    Or else, make a page with this code in the body:

    <%= System.Environment.Version.Major %>

    When you execute it on your server, it will show the version.

    Riki, Jul 10, 2006
  5. hrawada

    Nuki Guest

    Hi Riki,

    Thanks for your reply again. my apologies, i have checked it and at the
    bottom of the error page it says Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032 . and i have put
    <%= System.Environment.Version.Major %>
    and i got the number 1, and also i have checked my webserver package
    and it supports .NET V 1.1. so its pretty clear that it does not
    support ASP.NET 2.0.

    so do you think that if i upgrade my hostting package to a one that
    supports ASP.NET 2.0 that problem will be solved?

    thanks a lot for your help.

    Nuki

    Nuki, Jul 10, 2006