Web Service request slow the first time

Marlene A. Roman

Hope everybody is doing OK.

I have a webservice which I request via https://. I'm also using WSE to
generate an authenticated token.

I understand that the very first call to the webservice is slow because the
webservice needs to JIT. But I've noticed that after a period of time, when
the webservice is not being used, the request is slow again (only the first
time) and then subsequent requests are responded faster. It's like it went
to sleep and needs to be awake in order to respond to the request faster.

I've used webservices before and I never experience this behavior. Any
ideas why this could be happenning???

Maybe related to https:// or WSE???

Thanks in advance for any input.

Marlene