web service request via an auto-configuration proxy

andrew

hi,

our windows desktop application (using .net framework 2.0) makes web
requests to a remote web service using https. it works fine when the
workstation it runs on is:

- connected to the internet directly, or

- accesses internet via a proxy with the defined address ad port, as long
as they are entered in the internet explorer proxy settings

one of our clients though has internet explorer configured to automatically
detect proxy settings from the auto-configuration script. when the
application runs from their office, web requests return an error 407 Proxy
Authentication Required.

how can i make my application work via a proxy in this situation?

thank you,

andrew