web services and web application

Bart

Hi,

I'm starting to learn asp.net to create web applications. I have a doubt:
which is the difference between web application and web services? I feel
like they are the same thing except that the services have not an interface.
So, a web application without interface is automatically a web service!?!?!
I'm just confused.

Thank you,

Bart

Francisco Fagas[MVP ASP/ASP.NET]

The principal difference he is than one Web the service does not have
interface of the user and application Web, but it is all the same one Web
the service can be consumed by any fellow of application, you can be this
windows, console, Web included application for other Web services, and a Web
the application does not possess this facility. For example a company always
selects to the university sends the list better left of certain university,
for it of his better left to this one company, your you would be able to
develop one Web services that he consult in the university's base better
left and return this listed, the company would be able to develop an
application no necessarily the same developer of the Web service stops to
consult that list and that the company's application accomplish extra tasks,
the same thing can do it in a Web's counselling page application but you
would be limiting to solo presenting a result. Sorry my english isn´t good.

Regards

Francisco Fagas

Ecuador