web setup project in vs.net 2005

Christina Androne

Hello

How can I make a web setup project in vs.net 2005 which does not deploy
the source files too?

thank you,
Christina

Christina Androne

Thank you, William

I had no time to update into why the sources are delivered in the
install kit and the deployment model was changed from 2003 ... is there
any reason for this?

thanks,
Christina

Christina Androne

Guys, either I'm too drunk (on coffee!), or I solved it without the
add-in. I recreated the solution in a different (upper) folder than the
website. Same for the project dependencies - different location and same
for the web setup project - upper locations than the website.

(upper location means in the folders hierarchy it;s closer to root (root
is d: in my case)

Somehow with this configuration adding a non altered 'web setup project'
worked. I now have a 300kb install with only the right things in it
(except for a subfolder that is not created anymore, and it should be in
the virtual dir). I'll go celebrate by getting drunk properly.
VS.NET was always very weird for me anyway (I worked with borland tools
for a few years).

Thanks to all of you who replied - the links info and filters are good
to know things.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Ah yes, but which do you recommend for the OP...?
Sorry, mate, couldn't resist... ;-)

heh, heh...

Actually, I think there's some overlap between them.

Most developers could do just with WAP. Some will also need WDP.
The size/complexity of the projects will determine who really needs WDP.

WDP, although quite efficient, is not a must for small/medium web projects.