Webservice + Windows 98

Kai Schütrumpf

Hi,
I'm experiencing a problem trying to consume a web service from windows 98.
I used the example code from the following page (I used the console
consumer):
www.codeguru.com/Csharp/Csharp/cs_webservices/tutorials/article.php/c5477

The example works with windows xp and windows 2000... but when I try to
use the consumer on windows 98, I get the following error:
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to
connect to the remote server.

I can use the web service using an browser (e.g.
192.168.1.1/MyWebServices/FirstService.asmx)

I searched for this problem in google.groups but to no avail :(.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Kai