What am I doing wrong? Flash / IE

Karl Groves

Chris said:
I can't seem to get my site to show flash movies in IE, but they work ok
with mozilla firefox?

If you go to: http://dellusion.com/flash/ and check any of the links using
internet explorer they fail to load properly and I can't see whats causing
this?

Can anyone help?

Lemme get this right - you want people to help you fix a problem that
involves a site that steals content from others?

-Karl

Chris

I can't seem to get my site to show flash movies in IE, but they work ok
with mozilla firefox?

If you go to: http://dellusion.com/flash/ and check any of the links using
internet explorer they fail to load properly and I can't see whats causing
this?

Can anyone help?

SpaceGirl

Chris said:
What? I do try to link back to the original people that made the stuff
listed on my site where they haven't already put an advertisement at the end
of the movie, but thats hardly possible since 5000 other sites have it and I
can't link to all of them, can I?

You <object> line is wrong... you mention two different movies in the
same chunk of code, which I think is tripping up ActiveX on IE (Firefox
doesn't use this). Basically IE cant find the movie.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Chris

What? I do try to link back to the original people that made the stuff
listed on my site where they haven't already put an advertisement at the end
of the movie, but thats hardly possible since 5000 other sites have it and I
can't link to all of them, can I?

I don't know why I'm even defending myself against the person who thinks its
funny to go around the newsgroup responding to peoples questions with
'http://google.com'.

Anyone else care to help?

rf

Chris said:
What? I do try to link back to the original people that made the stuff
listed on my site where they haven't already put an advertisement at the end
of the movie, but thats hardly possible since 5000 other sites have it and I
can't link to all of them, can I?

I don't know why I'm even defending myself against the person who thinks its
funny to go around the newsgroup responding to peoples questions with
'http://google.com'.

Anyone else care to help?

Mark Parnell

You've been sending messages without writing anything quite often lately
- is your send button sticky?

brucie

in post: <
Mark Parnell said:
You've been sending messages without writing anything quite often lately
- is your send button sticky?

if he was also s s s s stuttering i would think it parkinson's disease

rf

I don't know why I'm even defending myself against the person who thinks its
funny to go around the newsgroup responding to peoples questions with
'http://google.com'.

http://google.com was a *good* answer to that question, given that a search
for the relevant words in the question reveal the correct answer as the
fouth hit. Next time the OP has a question he may well look at google and
get an answer instantly, rather than waiting hours for a usenet response.
Give a man a fish and he has a meal. Teach him to fish and...

It's quite possible that the answer to *your* question is
http://validator.w3.org - it usually is for questions of this nature and
once again you get your answer instantly, and the validator won't have a go
at your for stealing content.

Then again I don't know why I am defending us against a person who does not
even know the posting conventions in this newsgroup.

rf

Mark Parnell said:
You've been sending messages without writing anything quite often lately
- is your send button sticky?

Perhaps. I should check it for rum&coke.

In this case I decided that I didn't need to have a go at this guy anyway
and dived for the go away button, and missed. I should move the send button
to the other end of the task bar :-(

Els

Chris said:
Who are you and why are you following me?

It's brucie, as you could have read yourself. He isn't following
you. He is giving you good advice, and you'd better take it :)

Els

Chris said:
I actually prefer the reply to be above the quoted text, So
I don't have to...

You preference is messing with the convention in this group.
You smoke in a non-smoking area too, right?
...keep scrolling down to actually read what people are
saying...

It just makes more sense to read multiple replies from top to
bottom instead of vice versa.

Please also snip people's sigs.

Els

Chris said:
How am I supposed to remember all this? Ooops!

Write it down on a sticky note and stick it to the center of
your screen.
That's better. Am I doing it right now?
Yep.

And is anyone
gonna answer the question about flash =)

If only I knew anything about flash, I would.