What am I doing wrong? Flash / IE

rf

[post rearranged according to the netiquette of this newsgroup]

Chris said:
rf wrote>
Please do not order me not to top post,

Did I order you to do anything? No, I did not. I made a reasonable request.
will just make me continue with
my naughty rule-breaking.

Which will cause more and more people to notice your antisocial attitude and
to ignore you.

Now, Do you want that question answered or not? I can see at least five
people in this thread who could answer said question in about fifteen
seconds. Do you wish any of them to answer you? Your call...

Steve Pugh

Chris said:
Yup. I agree, Obvious indeed.

Okay, so you've fixed it now? Good. You can now go away and ignore
this group for the rest of your life. Bye.

You might want to upload the fixed pages, 'cos the problem's still
there.

Steve

Els

rf said:
Hey, you're right. Obviously he doesn't want his answer for
another hour :)

I'll just bet he has forgot to tick "activate daylight
saving" :)

That's what I thought too until I read Andrew's reply.
I somehow doubt Andrew would have forgotton to tick that box...

Steve Pugh

Chris said:
I'm still editing them.

Thirty files, one simple cut and paste in each. Less than 10 minutes'
work. Less than one minute if you use an editor that support regular
expressions in search and replace. Come on, stop slacking off.
And No, This is my new home, I can't leave now.
Look how many friends i've made.

Oh good. Then you'll be pleased to know that if you start behaving
nicely we can help you fix all the other problems with your site.
Starting with the very basic ones:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.dellusion.com/

Steve

Chris

Oh for the love of pete! I'll type where I want.

Here

Here

..... Here

.............................Or even here!

Look how many messages I've had to go through on this place for one smegging
question.

Els said:
Chris said:
And I can fix this by doing what? Any help?

Thanks

Watch where you type! :)
"Webcastmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message

[snip rest of previous post]

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Webcastmaker

Oh for the love of pete! I'll type where I want.

When in Rome do as the Romans. It is proper to bottom post in this
forum. (it is a pet peeve of many here) You will find that by
following the "way of the land" you will get people to listen and
respond.

Now, check your code and make sure you are pointing at the right swf
file in the object tag.

Webcastmaker

Please do not order me not to top post, it will just make me continue with
my naughty rule-breaking.

And you will be rewarded for your actions by getting kill filed by
many. Look YOUR the one asking for help, wouldn't it be wise to be
nice to the people you are asking, rather than picking a fight about
top posting?

Chris

Flobidob Bleeb Blob?

Els said:
Chris said:
And I can fix this by doing what? Any help?

Thanks

Watch where you type! :)
"Webcastmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message

[snip rest of previous post]

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

rf

Now, check your code and make sure you are pointing at the right swf
file in the object tag.

<nitpick>
Not that I know anything at all about flash but should that not be 'object
element'? After all the name of the .swf file is not mentioned in the actual
<object> tag but rather in the content of the object element, in one of the
[empty] param elements.
</nitpick>

Chris

Please do not order me not to top post, it will just make me continue with
my naughty rule-breaking.

rf

Webcastmaker said:
It would help if people were nice to me as well dear. Our first reply
clearly shows Karl being a meanie.

Karl was not mean to you. He merely asking for clarification on your
morality in stealing other peoples content.

If you had immediately responded with something like "I have permission from
each of those copyright holders to use those movies on my site" then the
matter would have been dropped immediately.