What do you think of AxKit?

Marco Neumann

Hello Everybody!

What do you think of AxKit?

I am always checking out webtechnologies that I could use. AxKit made a good
impression on me, I think I could use it in a project of mine. However, I
have noticed that there is nothing going on with the project, the newest
entries on the homepage are from 2003.

I wanted to order the OReilly book AxKit some time ago but they don't sell
it here in Germany anymore.

Is there some sort of "catch" with AxKit that i am missing or is it just the
general dislike and inconvenience of XSLT that keep people from using it?

Cheers,
Marco.

Marco Neumann

Hi, J!

J. Gleixner said:
The AxKit mailing list would probably give you
more information:

Thanks for the tip. From the archive of the mailing list I can see that
AxKit is not only still under development but a whole new version was
released only a few months ago.

I am still not clear though, on why there is so little attention to this
project. Perhaps AxKit is ok and the reason is that there are so many other
ways to do it in perl...

And so many ways without XSLT, perhaps the Template Toolkit is too good...

Cheers,
Marco.