What do you use to create web pages

Mike Minor

Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.

Thank you,

Mike Minor

Floortje

Mike Minor schreef:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.

Zend studio / vim / firefox (with dev toolbar)

Bernhard Sturm

Mike said:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.
XHTML-structuring: Notepad++, UltraEdit32+
PHP: Notepad++, UltraEdit32+
MySQL: phpmyadmin
CSS: TopStylePro, Firefox with WebDev Extension
Design: Fireworks MX
CMS: Joomla! a8e, Frettchen 2.0

That's about it :)

cheers
bernhard

jodleren

Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

It all depends on the need.
WebExpress, notepad/wordpad, Delphi (the editor has some neat options)

Toby A Inkster

Mike said:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

My main tools are:

* Nedit <http://nedit.org> for text editing on my desktop computer.

* TextWrangler <http://barebones.com> for editing on my laptop.

* Nano <http://www.nano-editor.org> for very quick edits when I'm
at the command line.

* Subversion <http://subversion.tigris.org> for keeping them both
in sync with my code repository.

* The GIMP <http://gimp.org> for graphics.

* Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL and PHP on the server end.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Geek of ~ HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

* = I'm getting there!

Brian Cryer

Mike Minor said:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

These days mostly Microsoft Expression Web or Visual Studio 2005, depending
on what I'm doing. For some quick edits or temporary pages I still
occasionally use notepad.

I used to use FrontPage plus notepad, but Expression is so much better than
FrontPage.

Jonathan N. Little

Mike said:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

Quick edits: Metapad

HTML,CSS,PHP,SQL, ... : CrimsonEditor

Graphics: Corel's Photo-PAINT and CorelDRAW

Chaddy2222

Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.

Thank you,

Mike Minor
For HTML / XHTML and CSS, I use KompoZer with the HandCoder
extension.
For quick edits I use NotePad, for editing PHP I use a combo of HTML-
Kit and NotePad.
For graphics, I use Irfen View, however you spell it, and Photo
Studio2000 for re-sizeing pics mainly and adding final bits.
Oh and for FTP I use CoreFTP, http://www.coreftp.com and Cpanel, from
my web host, when I can't access FTP direct.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Mike Minor:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I use Common Sense, Inspiration, Care, and sometimes Fancy Tricks.

Now, please tell me what the purpose of this survey is. Why do you care what
other people, such as a dozen people who care to answer your survey, are
using or claim to be using?

mbstevens

Now, please tell me what the purpose of this survey is. Why do you care what
other people, such as a dozen people who care to answer your survey, are
using or claim to be using?

Yet caring is still so common.
People have used vague surveys since the birth of pseudo-statistics,
when the first advertiser crawled out of the swamp in the Carboniferous
period. One of the best non-technical antidotes, for people who still
read, is an old book by Darrel Huff called "How to Lie with Statistics."

Dylan Parry

Brian said:
These days mostly Microsoft Expression Web or Visual Studio 2005, depending
on what I'm doing. For some quick edits or temporary pages I still
occasionally use notepad.

Exactly the same software for myself. I only ever use "code view"
though, and I probably wouldn't be using Expression if I hadn't received
it through the Partner Program.

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Bernhard Sturm

Jukka said:
Now, please tell me what the purpose of this survey is. Why do you care
what other people, such as a dozen people who care to answer your
survey, are using or claim to be using?

why not? why are we living? why are we breathing the same air? Why do we
care about little things? Why asking people what tools they use in order
to gain a living? Why asking questions about questions?
Maybe it's all about human curiosity, and as you are using the tools
Care and Common Sense you already gave yourself the answer to your own
question...

cheers
bernhard

Ingo Schmidt

Hi!
Now, please tell me what the purpose of this survey is. Why do you care
what other people, such as a dozen people who care to answer your
survey, are using or claim to be using?

I found this thread very interesting. Some tools were mentioned I had
never heard of or wasn't really aware of. I may look into a few of them.

Here is my list:

- Eclipse
- gvim
- as many browsers as possible (thanks VMWare Server :))
- SelfHTML
- Atari emulator

Cheers, Ingo =;->

dorayme

"Mike Minor said:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

MT-Newswatcher. I watch what JK does and I no longer think about
it (leaving me time to slap Travis and Blinkey down whenever I
feel like they need pulling into line). And the money just rolls
in. It's incredible. It is a life transforming experience like
what happens on the way to Lourdes.

Adrienne Boswell

Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.

Markup and coding - HTML-Kit (build 292)
CSS - TopStyle
Graphics - PhotoImpact from Ulead
Tools:
WinSQL (SQL client)
MySQL Front (SQL client)
FileZilla (FTP)
ADesigner (accessibility tests)
Editpad (for viewing source)
Firefox (for CSS snafus)
Opera (main browser - and lots of testing)
IE* (for testing only)
MTBrowser (opens multiple browsers at once)
Various online services

William Hughes

Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.

Thank you,

Mike Minor

All coded by hand in Wordpad, Notepad and Wordstar 5.0 (MSDos
wordprocessor).

Chris F.A. Johnson

Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

Emacs (text editor) for HTML, CSS, PostScript and shell scripts to
create multiple pages.

Ghostscript to convert PostScript to PNG or other graphic formats.

ImageMagick (often called by a shell script) to resize, crop, and
sometimes add text to an image.

GIMP, occasionally, for modifying images.

BigDaddyBS

Mike Minor said:
Just a little survey. Tell us what you use to create your web pages.

I like Dreamweaver and notepad to do some hand coding.

Thank you,

Mike Minor

Despite the dire warnings and critiques of it's use in this and other
groups, I still use FrontPage. I get the page laid out at least close to the
way I want it, and go into source mode to make changes that need to be made.
(I do NOT use FrontPage objects, except in the very few forms, and DO run
new layouts through Firefox.) I've also used Firefox to find and correct
some CSS problems I've had. And, Notepad for the few javascripts I use.

(Ok... Let's hear it... :-} )

BigDaddyBS