What is ASPNETDB.MDF used for?

VB Programmer

In 2.0 what is ASPNETDB.MDF used for? I'm not using any type of security
for this site. Do I need this when deploying?

Lau Lei Cheong

I've not used .NET 2.0 and not studied any indepth things of it, but I
suppose the Access DB could be used for storing ASP.NET Sessions just as in
..NET 1.1?

In .NET 1.1, if you run
<Drive>:\systemroot\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\InstallSqlState.sql,
you can create an Database for maintaining SessionState in SQLServer mode.

ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005JUL.1033/cpgenref/html/gngrfSessionstateSection.htm

VB Programmer

If I'm not using profiles/membersips/etc do I need it on my public server?

m.posseth

Access DB ??

a MDF is a sql server data file , :) Access `s Big brother

To answer the question

if you do not or not plan to use the new users , roles management you do not
need it

by the way if you plan to investigate / use it
you should also meet the following requirments to get it working :
SQL Server 2005 Express on the server and having the correct file
permissions on the App_Code folder for NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]

Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am wondering if i can automatically add users from another database that i have, into ASPNETDB?
If it is possible can somebody explain how i can do that.
Thx.