What programming language should i use for the following?

Which programming language should i use for this project.

  • C#

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Python

    Votes: 1 100.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am trying to web scrape financial statements for companies dynamically . For example I want to scrape specific information for companies from their financial statements such as revenue for last 10 years, eps, cash flow etc… and display it on a website That i will use for personal use but may also make it public. I want to be able to type in the stock ticker on the website and it outputs all the information I would want to scrape on that web page. So which is best ? Python or c#? I am deciding between those 2.

Joined
Feb 17, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi Nirrrr,
When it came to financial, reporting, POS, any databases software. Its good to use C#. for the following:
1. Ease of development.
2. Easy to use tons of third-party for Reporting, APIs, etc (DevExpress or Telerik for UI, XtraReports for reports, Nuget.org have 1 Milion package you can use easily in your solution. Unlike python.)
3.You can learn ASP.NET MVC or just start ASP.NET Webforms (Legacy but you can try)
4.If you need only Web then above is good. For Windows apps go with WinForms or WPF.

Nuget.org contains 1 Milion package for .NET and C#.
pypi.org contains maybe 300k package for python.

I really don't use a python before. But many web apps made with it (Oddo, MixERP, etc)
So you can choose after do many search. if you in hurry I guess .NET are friendly