Where is *.dll in ASP.NET 2.0?

Dominic

I am a new beginning to develop web application on ASP.NET 2.0.

I supprised that there is no directory /bin like ASP.NET 1.1

Where is it?

When I need to deploy my web application to the production, how can I do?

In ASP.NET 1.1, I've just copy *.aspx, *.ascx, Web.config and *.dll in /bin
directory to the production.

In ASP.NET 2.0, if *.dll in /bin has been gone, how can I deploy?

Pls advise.

karthick

Hi,

You don't need to compile a website in 2.0 , it works as it is, just
like ASP/VBScript. If you want, you can create and store your classes
in the App_Code

Hth,
Karthick

Mark Fitzpatrick

You can use a /bin directory to plop dlls in, but by default ASP.Net 2.0
will compile the codebehind files into their own dlls.

If you're working in VS.Net 2005, you should be able to set the project to
have a pre-compiled location. This will work similar to the way it was, but
not exactly.

Myself, I think the changes were a nice idea but completely rubbish. There's
a new project downloadable from www.asp.net under the downloads section
called Web Application Projects.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

There is a bin directory if you publish. You will then see the DLLs. On a
local machine and with "on the fly" compilation, the DLLs are in the
Temporary ASP.NET Files under %windir%/Microsoft .NET/Framework 2.0.5727.

Deploy: use Publish and write to a folder. Copy the results to production.
You will have the /bin then

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can put all of your code on a server, but why when you can use publish
to solve the problem?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Just be sure to set up the project with the web applications project when
you set it up. It is not compatible with the native 2.0 methodology.