Which Java CMS is good for me?

tnorgd

Hi,

I decided to refurbish a website for my software. I don't have much
time so I would like to use CMS and since I am devoted Java
programmer, I would like it to be in Java. Other criteria are:
- buil-in users' forum
- build-in blog (or it should be easy to create a blog-like sub-
portal)
- customizability: I have a design in mind which I like very much and
I would like to have my website looking as I want rather as "standard
template #41"
- configuration by text files : I have a lot of content from the old
website which I would like to migrate. I don't won't to click for
ever... I'd rather write a script to do this for me..

Do you have any ideas on how to integrate such a CMS website with
doxygen documentation and git repository browser? Of course I can
just put a link to a separate website, but maybe there is a better
way.

Best,
Tim

Luuk

[...]

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix?func=search

it has an option to search..

when i pick
- Programming language: Java
- OS: Paltform independent
- License: Open Source
- Discussion/Forum: YES
- Blog: YES

Than only 5 options remain:
1) Asbru Web Content Management
2) Hippo CMS
3) Jahia Enterprise Edition 6
4) OpenEdit Inc. EnterMedia Digital Asset Management ands CMS
5) Silverpeas

The last option, to convert your old site info, will probable the hardest...

Arne Vajhøj

I decided to refurbish a website for my software. I don't have much
time so I would like to use CMS and since I am devoted Java
programmer, I would like it to be in Java. Other criteria are:
- buil-in users' forum
- build-in blog (or it should be easy to create a blog-like sub-
portal)

Those two features are not CMS but portal.

Look for a JSR 168/268 compliant portal that comes with a CMS.
- customizability: I have a design in mind which I like very much and
I would like to have my website looking as I want rather as "standard
template #41"

That should not be a problem.
- configuration by text files : I have a lot of content from the old
website which I would like to migrate. I don't won't to click for
ever... I'd rather write a script to do this for me..

If you can find something with data in database or a well documented
XMl format, then that should be doable.
Do you have any ideas on how to integrate such a CMS website with
doxygen documentation and git repository browser?

For what source code? The CMS/portal itself??

Arne