Which Java CMS is good for me?

Discussion in 'Java' started by tnorgd, Nov 29, 2010.

  1. tnorgd

    tnorgd Guest

    Hi,

    I decided to refurbish a website for my software. I don't have much
    time so I would like to use CMS and since I am devoted Java
    programmer, I would like it to be in Java. Other criteria are:
    - buil-in users' forum
    - build-in blog (or it should be easy to create a blog-like sub-
    portal)
    - customizability: I have a design in mind which I like very much and
    I would like to have my website looking as I want rather as "standard
    template #41"
    - configuration by text files : I have a lot of content from the old
    website which I would like to migrate. I don't won't to click for
    ever... I'd rather write a script to do this for me..

    Do you have any ideas on how to integrate such a CMS website with
    doxygen documentation and git repository browser? Of course I can
    just put a link to a separate website, but maybe there is a better
    way.

    Best,
    Tim

    tnorgd, Nov 29, 2010

  2. tnorgd

    Luuk Guest

    http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix?func=search

    it has an option to search..

    when i pick
    - Programming language: Java
    - OS: Paltform independent
    - License: Open Source
    - Discussion/Forum: YES
    - Blog: YES

    Than only 5 options remain:
    1) Asbru Web Content Management
    2) Hippo CMS
    3) Jahia Enterprise Edition 6
    4) OpenEdit Inc. EnterMedia Digital Asset Management ands CMS
    5) Silverpeas

    The last option, to convert your old site info, will probable the hardest...

    Luuk, Nov 29, 2010

  3. tnorgd

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Those two features are not CMS but portal.

    Look for a JSR 168/268 compliant portal that comes with a CMS.
    That should not be a problem.
    If you can find something with data in database or a well documented
    XMl format, then that should be doable.
    For what source code? The CMS/portal itself??

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 30, 2010