    Can any one help with this ?

    thanks in advance,

    Nuno

    Nuno Filipe, Nov 6, 2003

  2. What do you want to simulate? Windows authentication? You do that using IIS
    itself. You don't get all of the rich authentication features of ASP.NET
    without rolling your own. My question is, why simulate? Just use ASP.NET...

    Chris Jackson, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Nuno Filipe

    Nuno Filipe Guest

    I want to grant / deny access to diferent users on several directories of
    the application and my ideia was to put a web.config in each directory with
    the users configuration.
    It's a very large and complex application, that's why I don't port it to
    ASP.NET.

    How can I do this ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Nuno

    Nuno Filipe, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Well, you don't get web.config for ASP classic, but you can achieve the same
    result directly through the file system - selectively give access to the
    directory to the users or groups you need using NTFS ACLs.

    Chris Jackson, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Nuno Filipe

    Guest Guest

    You can also create an ISAPI filter to do the work (I've
    done this...)

    Guest, Nov 10, 2003