Windows NT and java 1.4.2 file chooser problem

Szymon Madejczyk

Hello,

I'm using Windows NT 4.0
Recently I switched to using java 1.4.2.
Everything worked ok till yesterday. When I lauch file chooser it does
not show dll files. No mater if I use any file filter or not I can see
all files except dlls.
I tried with java 1.4.2 and 1.4.2_01 but it's still the same.
I thougt that it might be problem with my tool but below code does not
work either.
When I use java 1.4.1 it works ok.

import javax.swing.*;

public class filechoosertest
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
JFileChooser chooser = new JFileChooser();
chooser.showOpenDialog(null);

Do you know what might be a problem.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Szymon Madejczyk

winbatch

I have no clue, but thought I would take a wild guess -
Do you have NT 'hiding files with known extensions' ? If so, maybe 1.4.2
respects that hiding while 1.4.1 does not?

Szymon Madejczyk

If I see dlls in Explorer why should Java hide them in file chooser ?

Szymek