WinXP Pro: Setup Secure Communications on IIS

Dan Sikorsky

For testing purposes, I need to setup secure communications for a folder on
a website in my WinXP Pro IIS. When I right click on the directory in the
IIS services window, an go to the Directory Security tab, everything is
ghosted.

I need to reference a web page in this folder with
https://localhost/myfolder/dosomething.asp, and have the SSL
encryption/decription feature.

How can I do this?

Ray at

I'd imagine you have to install a certificate before you can enable SSL.
Described here.
http://www.freessl.com/resources/install/chainedssl/MS_IIS5.html I don't
know if there's a tool that would allow you to create a certificate that
would load with a warning about not having a trusted authority or something,
kinda similar to selfcert.exe for VBA. I'd imagine there's something like
that though. But, what is it that you have to test that would be different
in https than in http?

Ray at home