working set is larger than virtual bytes?

George2

Hello everyone,

I am using perfmon to watch the working set and virtual bytes, when I
do a keyword search in SourceInsight.

I found the value of working set is larger than virtual bytes when do
a search, I am confused how could working set larger than virtual
bytes? I have this confusion is virtual bytes is all things --
reserved, committed memory -- which includes RAM (working set) and
page swap file. So, virtual bytes should be always larger than working
set.

BTW: I watched that private bytes is always lower than virtual bytes
when do the search.

thanks in advance,
George

Ian Collins

George2 said:
Hello everyone,

I am using perfmon to watch the working set and virtual bytes, when I
do a keyword search in SourceInsight.
You are still posting to the wrong group, go somewhere appropriate.