    everytime I try to validate on the form. Does anyone have any workarounds
    that I can use to use these controls in Safari and not have to rewrite the
    validation. Thanks.

    JD, Jul 15, 2005

  2. JD

    theath Guest

    This is because asp.net doesn't recognize safari as a >= microsoft5.5
    browser. you'll need to add a browserCaps section in your web.config
    (for app-level deployment) or machine.config (for machine-level
    deployment). there's a good explanation about this here:
    http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/

    Basically, the server isn't putting the javascript in there (there are
    other things that safari users won't see if you don't add a browserCaps
    section, too, like div tags and lots of css will be stripped).

    theath, Jul 15, 2005

  3. JD

    theath Guest

    don't want to be rude, but i've tested client side validation on
    firefox with .net, and it works. khtml supports dhtml, also.

    thought it might only be "officially" supported, the javascript seems
    to work pretty nicely on all of the browsers. you have to add a
    browserCaps section to guarantee that .net treats the browser like a
    mature one; which it doesn't in most cases unless it's IE.

    theath, Jul 15, 2005