XP update added asp, MSXML and other things, and I need to about t

Puff

Hello,

A few months ago, when I did an update from the windows update, a few of the
'necessary' updates had this like:
microsoft net framework, MSXML, iis, asp. What are they and are they really
necessary? There are a few more weird things that I have never seen
previously, and if they really are not necessary, I would really like to
remove them, if possible.

Thank you so much!
Puff

Anthony Jones

Puff said:
Hello,

A few months ago, when I did an update from the windows update, a few of the
'necessary' updates had this like:
microsoft net framework, MSXML, iis, asp. What are they and are they really
necessary? There are a few more weird things that I have never seen
previously, and if they really are not necessary, I would really like to
remove them, if possible.

Each update indicates a knowledge base article which describes the change it
is making. You could look each article up and decide if you want them. You
can then manually uninstall them use control panel if you really want to. I
don't recommend this.

Puff

Anthony Jones said:
Each update indicates a knowledge base article which describes the change it
is making. You could look each article up and decide if you want them. You
can then manually uninstall them use control panel if you really want to. I
don't recommend this.
-------
Hi again,
Thank you for answering my post.
I tried to uninstall one thing, then that stupid 'Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility' popped up telling me that if I uninstall this item I might have to
Well ... I have had horrid experiences with the Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility, and I will NEVER use it again!!!
So, I guess everything will stay as is till my next re-do.
Thanks!