YAPL - Yet Another Programming Language

thomas.mertes

The latter. I didn't give much attention to the starting post because it
was clearly an attempt to troll.

I think points 3, 4 and 7 are admirable, but the others points seem to
me to be overly restrictive. But then much of my experience with PLs
have been with "traditional" ones like C, C++, assembler, BASIC etc.
Certainly it seems paranoid, to me, to dispense with unconditional
jumps, default parameters, and explicit return statements. To much
striving for abstraction or "elegance" can also, IMO, lead to an overly
complex language. But I have mostly used PLs to construct programs and,
to be honest, haven't given the design of the languages themselves much
thought, so you would want better feedback than mine.
How about an extension library, which contains some
of the functionality missed by you and others?

Since Seed7 is extensible it would be possible to
create such a library. That way everybody can decide
between a strict and and a less strict language.

What things from the list would you suggest to be
defined in such an extension library?

Greetings Thomas Mertes