    gcc Guest

    Any work around to install a Favicon on a server that doesn't allow .ico
    file types?
    gcc, May 4, 2005

  2. gcc

    Els Guest

    gcc wrote:

    > Any work around to install a Favicon on a server that doesn't allow .ico
    > file types?

    What kind of server doesn't allow .ico filetypes?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, May 4, 2005

  3. gcc

    gcc Guest

    >> Any work around to install a Favicon on a server that doesn't allow .ico
    >> file types?

    > What kind of server doesn't allow .ico filetypes?

    sbc.yahoo.....

    I upload the .ico file and I get an error
    "Invalid File Type"
    gcc, May 4, 2005
  4. gcc

    Els Guest

    gcc wrote:

    >>> Any work around to install a Favicon on a server that doesn't allow .ico
    >>> file types?

    >> What kind of server doesn't allow .ico filetypes?

    > sbc.yahoo.....
    >
    > I upload the .ico file and I get an error
    > "Invalid File Type"

    I think it may be their file upload system that can't handle it, and
    not the server itself. Can't you use regular FTP for uploading?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, May 4, 2005
  5. gcc

    Amun Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message

    ..ico

    > >> What kind of server doesn't allow .ico filetypes?

    > > sbc.yahoo.....
    > >
    > > I upload the .ico file and I get an error
    > > "Invalid File Type"

    > I think it may be their file upload system that can't handle it, and
    > not the server itself. Can't you use regular FTP for uploading?
    >
    > --

    FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
    .....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc
    Upload it then rename it back to.....favicon.ico

    Amun
    Amun, May 4, 2005
  6. gcc

    Els Guest

    Amun wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message

    > .ico

    >>> sbc.yahoo.....
    >>>
    >>> I upload the .ico file and I get an error
    >>> "Invalid File Type"

    >> I think it may be their file upload system that can't handle it, and
    >> not the server itself. Can't you use regular FTP for uploading?
    >>
    >> --

    > FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
    > ....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc
    > Upload it then rename it back to.....favicon.ico

    Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, May 4, 2005
  7. Els wrote:

    > Amun wrote:

    >> FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
    >> ....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc
    >> Upload it then rename it back to.....favicon.ico

    > Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    > every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2005
  8. gcc

    Don Guest

    On 04 May 2005 Els wrote in alt.html

    > Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    > every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    :D

    --
    Don
    Don, May 4, 2005
  9. gcc

    Don Guest

    On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> Amun wrote:

    >>> FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
    >>> ....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc
    >>> Upload it then rename it back to.....favicon.ico

    >> Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >> every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    > What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    It's the it that is related to they.

    --
    Don
    Don, May 4, 2005
  10. Don wrote:
    > On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    >>> Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >>> every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    >> What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    > It's the it that is related to they.

    Pardon me?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2005
  11. gcc

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 4 May 2005 23:40:12 +0200, Els <> wrote:

    >Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    Every time you rename or change a file extension,
    Bill Gates' piles give him gyp.
    Andy Dingley, May 5, 2005
  12. gcc

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 15:36:33 GMT, "gcc" <> wrote:

    >Any work around to install a Favicon on a server that doesn't allow .ico
    >file types?

    Find a server that works. This level of crap is unacceptable.
    Andy Dingley, May 5, 2005
  13. gcc

    Els Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> Amun wrote:

    >>> FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
    >>> ....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc
    >>> Upload it then rename it back to.....favicon.ico

    >> Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >> every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    > What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
    Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
    will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
    may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
    'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, May 5, 2005
  14. gcc

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Els wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Els wrote:

    >>> Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >>> every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    >> What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    > Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
    > Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
    > will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
    > may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
    > 'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

    I always ignore the warning. No problems after renaming

    --
    Nico
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl
    Nico Schuyt, May 5, 2005
  15. gcc

    Don Guest

    On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    > Don wrote:

    >>> What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    >> It's the it that is related to they.

    > Pardon me?

    as in "they say"

    --
    Don
    Don, May 5, 2005
  16. gcc

    Don Guest

    On 04 May 2005 Els wrote in alt.html

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >>> every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    >> What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    > Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
    > Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
    > will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
    > may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
    > 'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

    And which button do you choose?

    --
    Don
    Don, May 5, 2005
  17. Don wrote:
    > On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    >> Don wrote:
    >>> On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    >>> It's the it that is related to they.

    >> Pardon me?

    > as in "they say"

    Gotcha. :) Acutally, I know who the "they" are in "they" say, but the
    NDA says I can't tell anyone.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 5, 2005
  18. Els wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
    >>> every time I rename a file and change the extension.

    >> What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

    > Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
    > Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
    > will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
    > may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
    > 'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

    Better get a second opinion from Clippy. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 5, 2005
  19. gcc

    Don Guest

    On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    >>> Pardon me?

    >> as in "they say"

    > Gotcha. :) Acutally, I know who the "they" are in "they" say, but the
    > NDA says I can't tell anyone.

    What will they do. Send "it" after you.

    --
    Don
    Don, May 5, 2005
  20. Don wrote:
    > On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

    >>> as in "they say"

    >> Gotcha. :) Acutally, I know who the "they" are in "they" say, but the
    >> NDA says I can't tell anyone.

    > What will they do. Send "it" after you.

    They have implanted it. If they push the button, I...well, you get the
    picture...

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 5, 2005