OT: Java Browser Plugin Broken After SDK Install

cppaddict

Hi,

Has anyone else seen the following problem: After installing the Java
SDK (including the latest version of the runtime), Java browser
plugins no longer work. Indeed, when I encounter a page with an
applet, I am redirected to the Java download site and told to download
the latest JRE, even though it is already installed on my computer. I
can complile and run my Java programs fine.

Anyone know how to fix this? What's causing it?

Thanks,
cpp

PS: Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but I already tried some
other groups without success, and am hoping other programmers have run
into the same thing.