Please criticize this page (not on the whole website!)

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
There is a list of contents on that page........
thus, I find that information can be easily accessed....

It's not what _you_ find; it's what your typical visiter finds that counts.
Adrienne is right.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"

It's not what _you_ find; it's what your typical visiter finds that counts.
Adrienne is right.

Sai parlare l´italiano?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"

Is this a common lament amongst Italians living in Sweden or something more
personally specific?

No, mi riferisco al fatto che la pagina in questione ha un alto contenuto
informativo ed, a mio avviso, merita di essere trattata come tale, cosa che
peraltro alcuni motori di ricerca hanno gia` fatto....
Pertanto attribuisco alla lunghezza della pagina in questione un valore
positivo.
Ritengo inoltre che sia un vantaggio per l´utente che non ha la banda larga
di potere leggere una pagina piu` lunga mentre non e` connesso anzicchè
avere bisogno di collegarsi per cambiare pagina molto spesso.

Jonathan N. Little

Martin said:
You forgot the never-ending loop. :)

Naw! I have finally discovered it is best to bail early. I have given
up offering him any assistance, I really do not think he wants any. I
think he posts for narcissistic motivations, probably cannot afford the
"Vibe-Line".

Els

Luigi said:
No, mi riferisco al fatto che la pagina in questione ha un alto contenuto
informativo

alto demais apparently...
Pertanto attribuisco alla lunghezza della pagina in questione un valore
positivo.

In your opinion of course.
Ritengo inoltre che sia un vantaggio per l´utente che non ha la banda larga
di potere leggere una pagina piu` lunga mentre non e` connesso anzicchè
avere bisogno di collegarsi per cambiare pagina molto spesso.

That bit went over my head mostly, but I doubt I'd agree with it ;-)
Besides, I do think it's better to have more short pages than one long
one, even in a site like yours.

Oops.. I think I got sucked in again - getting out again now - bye!
:)

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Please criticize this page (not the whole website)
except the lack of a title for each image because I am working on that.

Luigi, Luigi, Luigi! Eliza! Eliza! Eliza!

It is a reasonable cosy winter day and I get up to see this gem
of an invitation, this Magician's Morsel... It is going to be a
good day, I think internal amusement and bemusement is a healthy
condition for any being.

You Old Wizard you, you Master Troll, you cast your spell and
watch to see how we all succumb one way or another.

(I clicked the underlined "English link" and noticed you in a
lurid blue/aqua... er how to describe it... ah hell, the
"#0FFFFF" thick border and want to know the recipe for how you
knot your tie. I don't want to know why you have the text jammed
up against this border. I want to know about the type of tie
knot. Is it a proper tie or pre-knotted with elastic under the
collar to hold it up?)

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
No, mi riferisco al fatto che la pagina in questione ha un alto
contenuto informativo ed, a mio avviso, merita di essere trattata come
tale, cosa che peraltro alcuni motori di ricerca hanno gia` fatto....
Pertanto attribuisco alla lunghezza della pagina in questione un
valore positivo.
Ritengo inoltre che sia un vantaggio per l´utente che non ha la banda
larga di potere leggere una pagina piu` lunga mentre non e` connesso
anzicchè avere bisogno di collegarsi per cambiare pagina molto
spesso.

Que? No speakee Pizano.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
Sai parlare l´italiano?

Nope. I'm your typical no-talent-for-foreign-lingos American (-except
perhaps for Latin.)

Chaddy2222

Sally said:
Firefox on a Mac, but specially for you <g> I looked in Safari as well, and
the same thing happens. I can't be bothered to fire up my Windows machine,
nor to look at the source.
I agree, his page is too long.
By the way how does http://freewebdesign.cjb.cc
Look on a Mac?
I don't have a Mac to check how it looks and the online checkers do not
always work that well.

Sally Thompson

...On a Mac, there would be no surprises for you.... it looks fine

Yes, it does look fine. The colours are a little bright for my taste but
that's probably my nice clean new monitor<g>. The only thing I noticed is
that the first link in your menu (Home) is just slightly to the left of the
header rather than lining up with the left-hand edge of it. I'm not sure if
this is intended. (Sorry, haven't looked at the source to see the why and
wherefore.)

Chaddy2222

Sally said:
Yes, it does look fine. The colours are a little bright for my taste but
that's probably my nice clean new monitor<g>. The only thing I noticed is
that the first link in your menu (Home) is just slightly to the left of the
header rather than lining up with the left-hand edge of it. I'm not sure if
this is intended. (Sorry, haven't looked at the source to see the why and
wherefore.)
Hmmm, not really, though it appears to work fine in both FireFox and IE
on Windows. If it was maybe one or two PX I don't think i'll fuss over
it to much.
Though, I am thinking it might be a padding and or marjins issue.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Andy Dingley said:
Have you ever _read_ this newsgroup?

<LOL!>

Luigi asks (frequently), then always finds a way to dispute and ignore
any and all advice.

Sally Thompson

Hmmm, not really, though it appears to work fine in both FireFox and IE
on Windows. If it was maybe one or two PX I don't think i'll fuss over
it to much.
Though, I am thinking it might be a padding and or marjins issue.

It is only a few px, and it isn't a problem at all so I shouldn't worry about
it!

JDS

It seems to me more a matter of taste...
Some probably like it one way and others the other way...

Then why are you even asking, Luigi????????

Here is the age-old question for Luigi:
Why do you even bother posting here, Luigi, if you NEVER EVER EVER listen
to any of the advice?????

You have never, not once, that I have seen, taken any of the suggestions
and applied them constructivly to any of your web pages. Are you looking
for validation? Because you aren't now and have not ever gotten it. (And
I don't mean "validation" in the sense of "valid HTML" or "valid CSS" but
in the sense of personal validation of one's choices, validated by
the general accepting consensus of others. Surely the Italian language has
such a concept, but no parla Italiano.)

Andy Dingley

JDS said:
Have *YOU* ever read this newsgroup,

Of course I have. I'm just not sure whether Luigi reads anything, or if
he's just a write-only poster.

At home Luigi is _deep_ in the killfile.