Please criticize this page (not on the whole website!)

Ed Mullen

PeterMcC said:
dorayme wrote in

1 - That seagull will never stand up in court.

2 - The prospect of being the first earthling to be sued by a Martian is
quite attractive but,

3 - there's a strong chance of further teeing off everyone here so,

4 - I concede, unconditionally.

What is Latin, anyway?

Latin is a very easily understood language if one has the key. For
instance:

O Civili, Si Ergo. Fortibus Es In Ero. O Novili, Doser Nobus, Doser
Trux. Vadis Inem? Causen Dux.

See the bottom of the page: http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_html.html
for the translation.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
It was a good guess, there are people who can speak it, even
fluently and I have met them. Likelier, there are more people in
Italy, especially around the Vatican who could do so than in any
other comparable area outside Italy.

Have you been in Rome?

Adrienne Boswell

As an example:
http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/
Radio Finland's weekly news digest in Classical Latin - if you haven't
seen it before, I think you'll find it's pretty compulsive stuff.

Latin seems to be more and more popular lately. I took a year of it in
highschool many moons ago, but with this link, I can brush up and relearn
as well. Then I will have a better understanding of what is said at mass,
maybe I might even go to an all Latin mass.

Birmingham

very pleasant to the eye, even if i don't understand a single word o
it! you could do with a footer perhaps? maybe with a lil copyrigh
statement / terms / privacy statement...etc. good job anyway :

Luigi Donatello Asero

Birmingham said:
very pleasant to the eye, even if i don't understand a single word of
it! you could do with a footer perhaps? maybe with a lil copyright
statement / terms / privacy statement...etc. good job anyway :)

Nice that you like it.
Is that the first time that I get a positive note in this NG?
What happened?
What do you exactly mean by a footer?
There are already notes at the end of the page about cookies
but there is not a copyright statement and I might write something more as
to terms of use.

Blinky the Shark

Luigi said:
Nice that you like it.
Is that the first time that I get a positive note in this NG?
What happened?

I'd say "a newcomer"; he/she/it will catch on. :)

And a newcomer posting via a web interface. :-/

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Nice that you like it.
Is that the first time that I get a positive note in this NG?
What happened?
What do you exactly mean by a footer?
There are already notes at the end of the page about cookies
but there is not a copyright statement and I might write something more as
to terms of use.

I've had my men check out this Birmingham character and it seems
he has more than one set of eyes, in fact, we know him well and
he comes from a small planet that got lucky with some research
they were doing into visual info post-processors where the data
collected thru the eyes is processed further and reconfigured. We
know what he is seeing and I can assure you it is nothing like
what humans see when they look at your page. It is clever stuff
with css and html and does a sort of "clean up the desktop" on
any visual ... er... visually complexity object... Of course it
is the first time, these birminghams are not exactly a big
crowd... (we have put in a big effort to keep their numbers
down... I hope letting you know this will not get me into trouble
with my minders...)

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
I've had my men check out this Birmingham character and it seems
he has more than one set of eyes, in fact, we know him well and
he comes from a small planet that got lucky with some research
they were doing into visual info post-processors where the data
collected thru the eyes is processed further and reconfigured. We
know what he is seeing and I can assure you it is nothing like
what humans see when they look at your page. It is clever stuff
with css and html and does a sort of "clean up the desktop" on
any visual ... er... visually complexity object... Of course it
is the first time, these birminghams are not exactly a big
crowd... (we have put in a big effort to keep their numbers
down... I hope letting you know this will not get me into trouble
with my minders...)

Perhaps he or she had not posted before.
But he or she shared my taste as to design anyway.
By the way, do you happen to be a "German" martian?

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Perhaps he or she had not posted before.
But he or she shared my taste as to design anyway.
By the way, do you happen to be a "German" martian?

Two things Luigi, he or she cannot be known to share your taste
in design at all because he or she did not understand a word of
the content. So how could he or she have judged how easy it was
to get about it, to find what was needed to satisfy comprehension
of this and that. Design - at least in web pages - is not some
abstract pretty picture. It is about integrating meaning in a
convenient and pleasing structure.

Second, because of you Luigi, I have been an Italian martian for
the last two days... that reminds me... better see how it went...
it is early Wed here...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Two things Luigi, he or she cannot be known to share your taste
in design at all because he or she did not understand a word of
the content. So how could he or she have judged how easy it was
to get about it, to find what was needed to satisfy comprehension
of this and that. Design - at least in web pages - is not some
abstract pretty picture. It is about integrating meaning in a
convenient and pleasing structure.

E tu capisci l´italiano?

Second, because of you Luigi, I have been an Italian martian for
the last two days... that reminds me... better see how it went...
it is early Wed here...

Dove sei stato/a un marziano italiano?

Birmingham

dorayme said:
I've had my men check out this Birmingham character and it seems
he has more than one set of eyes, in fact, we know him well and
he comes from a small planet that got lucky with some research
they were doing into visual info post-processors where the data
collected thru the eyes is processed further and reconfigured. We
know what he is seeing and I can assure you it is nothing like
what humans see when they look at your page. It is clever stuff
with css and html and does a sort of "clean up the desktop" on
any visual ... er... visually complexity object... Of course it
is the first time, these birminghams are not exactly a big
crowd... (we have put in a big effort to keep their numbers
down... I hope letting you know this will not get me into trouble
with my minders...)

It had no footer when i saw it last. now it has the cookies statement.

what's wrong with brummies, eliza

dorayme

It had no footer when i saw it last. now it has the cookies statement.

what's wrong with brummies, eliza?

Nice try Birmingham... (a footer or a cookie is not going to
change the main game here). Nothing wrong with folk that come
from Birmingham. Very fond of brummies... But how come no one
(else?) in Bimingham thinks Luigi's page is ok. Disconnect the
post-processor circuit and take another look.

Anyway, Luigi is as happy as a fat cat with cream, Italy deserved
to win, one of the goals was brilliant.

jojo

dorayme said:
Anyway, Luigi is as happy as a fat cat with cream, Italy deserved
to win, one of the goals was brilliant.
And the otherone just unnecessary.
When I watched the game I wondered how much they payed to the referee...
Didn't seem like he really was impartial... He should have given an
penalty to Germany... If we had had one we easily could have win... like
the French did it today...

PeterMcC

jojo wrote in
And the otherone just unnecessary.
When I watched the game I wondered how much they payed to the
referee... Didn't seem like he really was impartial... He should have
given an penalty to Germany... If we had had one we easily could have
win... like the French did it today...

"Would you mind to move your discussion to alt.sport.soccer? Not that I'm
not interested in that topic (although there is no need to discuss: Germany
will win th cup!!!!!), but there are groups to discuss that exact topic, so
why don't you use them??"

Just remind me - who said that?

;)

dorayme

PeterMcC said:
jojo wrote in

"Would you mind to move your discussion to alt.sport.soccer? Not that I'm
not interested in that topic (although there is no need to discuss: Germany
will win th cup!!!!!), but there are groups to discuss that exact topic, so
why don't you use them??"

Just remind me - who said that?

;)

This jojo character I think, I dunno? Probably a German feller?

(btw... just a little thing, I am very sensitive... when I write
I write with a small "w" ...)

PeterMcC

dorayme wrote in
This jojo character I think, I dunno? Probably a German feller?

(btw... just a little thing, I am very sensitive... when I write
I write with a small "w" ...)

Not guilty, your honour - jojo wrote "Wrote". I would always observe your
case sensitivity.

dorayme

(btw... just a little thing, I am very sensitive... when I write
I write with a small "w" ...)

Not guilty, your honour - jojo wrote "Wrote". I would always observe your
case sensitivity.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I am tired. Germans are always using capital
letters a lot... look at their philosophers... It does not help
their causes and I do wish they would stop doing it. I think the
modern German has a different mentality and is not so prone to it.

jojo

dorayme *w*rote:
Not guilty, your honour - jojo wrote "Wrote". I would always observe your
case sensitivity.

You are right. I am tired. Germans are always using capital
letters a lot... look at their philosophers... It does not help
their causes and I do wish they would stop doing it. I think the
modern German has a different mentality and is not so prone to it.[/QUOTE]

If I could change German grammar I would... takes a lot of time to type
all these capital letters... But I unfortunately cannot change it.
And because I have to use all those capital letters I'm used to type
them, so my apologies if I sometimes write some in English, too. I
didn't want to upset you, believe me.

jojo

jojo wrote in

"Would you mind to move your discussion to alt.sport.soccer? Not that I'm
not interested in that topic (although there is no need to discuss: Germany
will win th cup!!!!!), but there are groups to discuss that exact topic, so
why don't you use them??"

Just remind me - who said that?

;)

Erm, do not remember who was this... Wasn't me... Erm...

OK, it was me. But if you do not want to move that discussion I'm some
kind of forced to discuss in *this* group... ;-)