Please criticize this page (not on the whole website!)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Andy Dingley said:
Of course I have. I'm just not sure whether Luigi reads anything, or
if he's just a write-only poster.

At home Luigi is _deep_ in the killfile.

He's not killfiled here; I need some amusement from time to time.

Jonathan N. Little

JDS said:
Then why are you even asking, Luigi????????

Here is the age-old question for Luigi:
Why do you even bother posting here, Luigi, if you NEVER EVER EVER listen

Jeffery, Jeffery deep breaths now! Go to that happy place with blue
skies and fuzzy bunnies....hush... That's better.

We all know about Luigi, it never makes a difference so do as many of us
have learned the hard way...just slowly, very slowly back away and you
will be happier and healthier for it. Save your good advice for those
who are receptive.

JDS

He's not killfiled here; I need some amusement from time to time.

Seriously. I actually look forward to Luigi's posts. heh. I just made
myself laugh out loud. Good thing no one's here today.

dorayme

JDS said:
I am going to assume that is a joke. Have *YOU* ever read this newsgroup,
Dingley?

No.. no... (btw... Good morning!). Old Dingley is quite serious
and he means "really read" and this implies trying reasonably
hard to understand what is being said and picking up extra stuff
from 'between the lines' and the statistics. It is a complicated
business.

Reading between the lines and what I am calling the statistics is
to do with gathering info from the fact that a whole bunch of
obviously intelligent folk are giving similar messages (like that
a page is too crowded or the colours are too lurid or whatever).
There are subtler things too. I cannot teach you about earthlings
now, I have made a deep study of these curious creatures...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
No.. no... (btw... Good morning!). Old Dingley is quite serious
and he means "really read" and this implies trying reasonably
hard to understand what is being said and picking up extra stuff
from 'between the lines' and the statistics. It is a complicated
business.
Reading between the lines and what I am calling the statistics is
to do with gathering info from the fact that a whole bunch of
obviously intelligent folk are giving similar messages (like that
a page is too crowded or the colours are too lurid or whatever).
There are subtler things too. I cannot teach you about earthlings
now, I have made a deep study of these curious creatures...

Dorayme,
there is a basic thing which most of you are missing, in my opinion.
If I ask what you think about something, that does not mean that I want to
follow your advice.
Of course I cannot know in advance whether I want to follow it or not
before I have heard what you think on a certain subject.
If I think that I do not like your suggestions I do not follow them. Stop.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"

Nope. I'm your typical no-talent-for-foreign-lingos American (-except
perhaps for Latin.)

Not many people can speak Latin outside Italy.
Congratulations.

Luigi Donatello Asero

(I clicked the underlined "English link" and noticed you in a
lurid blue/aqua... er how to describe it... ah hell, the
"#0FFFFF" thick border

Which one do you mean?

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Dorayme,
there is a basic thing which most of you are missing, in my opinion.

yes, that's ok Luigi... but please attend to the important thing
of small "d" for my name...

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Not many people can speak Latin outside Italy.
Congratulations.

I did 14 years of Latin and it was not till the last of these (at
Melbourne Uni as it happened) that I heard people actually speak
it fluently (or so I thought): the Classics professors...

I remember Septimus, (a sort of "Famous 1" reader for English school children; boy
goes to the underworld and has all sorts of adventures meeting
Greek and Roman things like tricky rivers and multi-headed
animals... all in Latin)

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
yes, that's ok Luigi... but please attend to the important thing
of small "d" for my name...

But the first word of a sentence should be written with capital letters,
shouldn´it?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
I did 14 years of Latin and it was not till the last of these (at
Melbourne Uni as it happened)
Did/do you study in Melbourne?
Not in Sydney?

dorayme

yes, that's ok Luigi... but please attend to the important thing
of small "d" for my name...

But the first word of a sentence should be written with capital letters,
shouldnォit?[/QUOTE]

Would you write:

"sweden" is a string consisting of small case text but "Sweden" has one
upper case in it.

as

?

Even at the cost of turning something perfectly true into
something that is perfectly false? Just for a scool grammatical rule? Of course not.

Ah, you say, but all bets are off in this example because of the
quotes. OK, would you write:

the first letter of the first word of this sentence is small case

as

The first letter of the first word of this sentence is small case

and turn it into something false? Just for the sake of some
school rule about the start of sentences?

Ah, but you say, all bets are off in this case too because it is
an unusual sentence - about itself.

Well, Luigi, you would argue the tail off a donkey for sure and I
will content myself with pointing out that addressing someone is
an unusual sort of sentence and that any sentence with "dorayme"
in it is a particularly important and unique sort of thing...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
There is a link that says "English" under "Scegli la lingua
desiderata" and it links to
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.php

How many pictures of yourself on your website with
____________________________that__________________________________
border?

How many links on
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html lead to pictures
of you with tie on?

Well, many of them were there because the page about Sweden is not available
yet in the respective language.
But I had already written a short text in German so I linked
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html to that page now
By clicking on "Deutsch" you open
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/europa/schweden/schweden.php
which is under construction.
By the way, if you search
"om Italien" on that page by using Firefox and English as option
2 pages are almost on the top.
http://www.google.se/search?hl=en&q=om+Italien&btnG=Search
But if I choose Swedish as option the ranking of these pages is much worse.
What does it depend on?