Purchasing The Standard

Ioannis Vranos

tom_usenet said:
Again, in what way do you find it terrible? You're great at making
unsupported assertions - I've noted it in other threads, where
eventually you gracelessly admit you're wrong.

With Acrobat Reader 6.x (currently 6.02) the searching abilities are
great and when accompanied with a Bookmark section the whole situation
is excellent.

In earlier versions, the searching functionality was somewhat troubling.

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

Julie

tom_usenet said:
However, I didn't circumvent the copy protection of the document,
simply the fact that the text copy functionality is disabled in Adobe
Acrobat. I used Ghostscript, where no such functionality restriction
exists. I don't think this comes under circumventing copy protection.
Until someone decides that Ghostscript is illegal under the DCMA, I
think there's no problem and no infringement.

Wrong way to look at it. Copy machines are not illegal, however certain uses
of them are. Regardless, this sub thread really has disintegrated into purely
a preferential view of the PDF file format.

You appear to be comfortable with it.

I am not comfortable with it for information retrieval purposes.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the use of PDF, merely stating (as I
originally did!) that I wish it were in a more usable format (in my opinion)
other than [or in addition to] PDF.

- end.

Mats Weber

Julie <[email protected]> said:
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the use of PDF, merely stating (as I
originally did!) that I wish it were in a more usable format (in my opinion)
other than [or in addition to] PDF.

What format do you have in mind ?

Julie

Mats said:
Julie <[email protected]> said:
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the use of PDF, merely stating (as I
originally did!) that I wish it were in a more usable format (in my opinion)
other than [or in addition to] PDF.

What format do you have in mind ?

My (personal!) preference would be in Microsoft compiled HTML help format.

Ioannis Vranos

Julie said:
Mats said:
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the use of PDF, merely stating (as I
originally did!) that I wish it were in a more usable format (in my opinion)
other than [or in addition to] PDF.

What format do you have in mind ?

My (personal!) preference would be in Microsoft compiled HTML help format.

!!!!! That is the most unusable format I have ever seen for books and
standards.

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

Jonathan Turkanis

Ioannis Vranos said:
Julie said:
Mats said:
wrote:

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the use of PDF, merely stating (as I
originally did!) that I wish it were in a more usable format (in my opinion)
other than [or in addition to] PDF.

What format do you have in mind ?

My (personal!) preference would be in Microsoft compiled HTML help
format.

!!!!! That is the most unusable format I have ever seen for books and
standards.

She admits it's just her personal preference.

Personally, I'd prefer framed color photographs of braille
inscriptions.

Jonathan